Tie blankets are cozy, cute and SUPER EASY to make! That’s right, no sewing is necessary! So, grab your scissors, a ruler and your favorite fleece, because this entire project will take you 90 minutes from start to finish!
What you’ll need
- (2) 2 yards of fleece – You can choose to be monochromatic or you can mix it up. I like to have one side a design and the other side a coordinating color, but it’s truly up to you.
- Scissors – you’re going to need fabric scissors. This is SUPER important because if you use scissors that aren’t sharp enough or have been dulled by cutting paper you will regret your decision to make this blanket. So. Many. Cuts.
- Ruler – I didn’t actually have a ruler when I did this I had a fabric ruler which worked fine. As long as you have something that can measure inches you’re good!
No-Sew Tie Blanket Directions
- Lay the two pieces of fabric on top of each other. Do your best to smooth out any wrinkles.
- In each corner measure a 6″ square and cut it out.
- From there – make a 6″ cut every 1″ until you’ve cut all the way around the entire blanket
- Tie the top of the 6″ strip to the bottom of the 6″ strip all the way around the blanket. I like double knotting to make sure it’s tied tightly.
- You’re done! Pat yourself on the back!
Picture Direction for your No-Sew Tie Blanket
After you’ve laid the pieces of fleece on top of each other and smoothed out all wrinkles – make square cuts in the corner – I like 6″ for the cuts.
Then make 6″ long cuts every 1″ down each side of the entire blanket.
Should look like this before you begin to tie it.
Then tie the strips together. Because you laid it on top there should be two strips directly on top each other. Tie those together – I use a double knot which holds it in place nicely.
Enjoy your no-sew tie blanket! They’re great for gifts or just for yourself!