Valentine’s Day 2021 is right around the corner and I bet you’re already browsing through the Amazon “Valentine Gifts for Him or Valentine Gifts for Her” lists. You’re thinking hard about what to buy your significant other on Valentine’s Day.
Should you buy him a leather wallet, cologne, or a personalized key chain? Should you buy her a Louis Vuitton purse, perfume, or a personalized necklace?
Before you click the “Place Your Order” button, I’m going to stop you right there and remind you that there are others ways of showing love to your significant other.
There are actually 5 ways to express love and not all require you to spend money. You may want to express your love in a different manner this Valentine’s Day. Below is a list of 5 ways to express love to help you feel the romance during this Valentine’s Day.
5 Ways to Express Love
- Gifts: Some people express their love to others by giving them a gift. They spend time in thinking about a gift the receiver would really enjoy and either buy it or make it for them.
- Acts: Some people like to express their love by doing something nice for others. They may take on a task, volunteer, or make dinner for them.
- Time: Some people show their love to others by spending quality time with them. Giving their undivided attention makes the other person feel important and loved. Doing an activity together like watching a movie, cooking, crafting also allows you to bond with them.
- Touch: Some people express their love through touch by giving them a hug, kiss, or maybe a back rub. Sitting close to each other and holding hands is also a form of touching.
- Words: Some people prefer to use their words to express their love. They may compliment, write love notes, or give you words of affirmation to make you feel loved.
We’ve listed 5 ways to express love for you to have a wonderful Valentine’s Day this year. It’s important to remember that everyone has a different type of love language. Think about what your love language then think about what your significant other’s love language is. What makes you feel loved? What makes him or her feel loved? Do something that will make your significant other feel loved!
Hope you have a romantic Valentine’s Day this year!
Don’t forget to check out our Guide to Valentine’s Day for more ideas!